Read the following:
- What were your thoughts upon reading the headlines?
- What could be the possible adverse effect if we accept the headlines at face value?
- What could be the likely motive of displaying such headlines?
- Why do you think we are still able to maintain racial and religious harmony even though such headlines were presented?
Each group will consist of the following roles:
- a social worker who has had experience counselling youths;
- a concerned parent;
- an educator;
- a non-Singaporean living in Singapore who is considering raising his family here and taking up Singapore citizenship; and,
- the news editor / blogger who published the article / issue.
Kindly post your reflections following this thread.
Mr. Patrick Hiap & Ms. Yap Hui Min
15 July 2013
- In what ways have you shown appreciation for the customs and practices of others?
- In what ways have you shown respect for others from different racial and religious background?
|Learn From It:|
- Why do we need to be respectful in our interactions with others?
- Why is it important to know the significance of religious and cultural practices of people from different racial background?
- What did you learn from the lesson?
Do It Better:
- Suggest new opportunities you can explore to learn more about the customs, practices and religious beliefs of others.
- As a classmate/ CCA member/ student leader, reflect on how you can promote better inter-racial and inter-religious understanding in school.
- How will you apply these social situations that you might encounter in future?